Besides the obvious indicators like pools on the floor or water trickling down the walls there are several ways that water damage can show itself:
- An increase in mold or mildew
- Musty odors
- Damp spots on the wall or floor
- Dry rot
- Cracks in the wall or floor
- Wood rot
- Rust on appliances or furniture
- Warped paneling or trims
- Brown stains on the wall
Basements may leak for a number of reasons.These include water being able to seep through cracks in the wall or floor or through mortar joints,the weeping tile installed or lack of weeping tile around the perimeter of the homes footing becoming clogged with silt or settlement.Your sump pump may be working improperly.
- Low level areas at the bottom of slopes or hills
- Poorly designed drainage systems with incorrect pitch
- Neighboring yard sloping towards yours
- Poorly mixed foundation concrete
- The settling of you house
All Act Fast Water Solutions provide a 25 year transferable warranty against seepage on all interior and exterior walls which can be passed on to an unlimited number of resale home buyers.
Moisture and wet basements can not only damage your home’s structure, but they can also cause molds. Depending on the amount of mold and the type, some can cause serious health issues like allergies, respiratory problems, skin irritation, aches and pains, and in some cases, life threatening conditions. Since mold is spread by humans, all houses need to be monitored and tested for molds.
When basement flooding happens on a regular basis or water leaks in the basement, sump pumps are used to send the water away from your basement to an area where water cannot cause an issue. Sump pump installation or maintenance might require professional assistance. Sump pump failure can cause major problems so choosing the right one is important to make sure it can pump large amounts of water and resist clogging. A good drainage system is your home’s defense system against floods.
- Checking your sump pump regularly by adding a little bit of water to make sure the pump is turned on
- Refer to your manual and make sure the pump is handling the amount of water (gallons per hour) – It is very wise to include a battery backup system to your pump
- You need your pump to perform in emergencies especially when there is a power outage
The installation of a new sump pump is subsidised by the City of Toronto up to 80% to a maximum of $1750 providing independent drainage for your waterproofing.Act fast is licensed to provide installation and receive you subsidy.City of Toronto Basement Flood Protection Scheme.http://www.toronto.ca/water/sewers/pdf/brochure.pdf
The cost of waterproofing a basement depends on a number of factors including the depth of the footing,space between neighbors house and foundation,soil conditions,method chosen to fix the problem i.e. interior or exterior,complexity of excavation,removal and replacement of ashphalt,concrete, flagstone or interlock.
We will price match any other licensed companies quote and further apply a 5% discount to our price for you!
Please give us a call and we will have a representative give you an in home consultation.